ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS
- The Administrator shall provide a Marketplace Platform to the User/Seller of Goods and or Services who shall agree in turn to sell to the Buyer directly his/her advertised goods or services.
- The Seller will provide the Buyer express or implied warranties including guarantees regarding the condition, quality, performance, life duration, accuracy, reliability, commercial value, and suitability for the intended purpose of the goods purchased.
- The User / Seller shall provide the Buyer with all the necessary information concerning the Goods or Services including the price of products, quantity available, detailed description, and guarantee of the quality of the products.
- The Administrator offers no warranties, guarantees and disclaims any liability for any goods or services sold or advertised on the Platform which infringes any Third Party Rights or do not meet the condition, quality, performance, life duration, accuracy, reliability, commercial value, and suitability for the intended purpose.
- The Administrator has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety, or legality of goods and services published by the Users/Sellers on the Platform.
- The Administrator does not accept liability nor confirm the ability of a Seller to sell goods or provide services.
- The Administrator does not accept liability for the failure of the Buyer to pay for Goods or Services received nor guarantee that a User/Seller will complete a transaction.
- The Platform Marketplace allows the User/Seller to sell products and to publish announcements and advertisements. The User/Seller of goods must provide to the buyers, the price of products, quantity available, detailed description and guarantee the quality of the products.
- The User/Seller of Goods shall be solely responsible to collect and remit any applicable Federal or State Taxes resulting from the sale of their goods or services posted on the Platform.
- The Administrator reserves the right to remove or refuse access to the Platform of any offensive announcements/advertisements posted by a User/Seller without given prior notice in the event of an infringement of rights or legal interest of other Users, Legal Entities, or Individuals upon their reasonable request or for breach of any applicable law or regulation.
- The administrator retains the right to make necessary changes to the service at any time with or without notice to Users/Sellers.
- The User/Seller of goods on the Platform is solely responsible for all his or her Product Content and Prices.
- The Administrator accepts No Responsibility for any User Content.
- The Administrator makes no guarantees for the accuracy, suitability, or quality of any User Content.
- The Administrator will not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising on the Platform from any interaction/transaction between a Seller or a Buyer of goods or services.
POSTING OF ADVERTISEMENTS BY USERS/SELLERS AND FEES PAYABLE
- A User/Seller shall provide to the Administrator the details of the advertisement they wish to post on the Platform with the supporting documents when demanded.
- A User/Seller who posts an advertisement regarding the sale of goods or provision of services on the Platform will be required to provide full details of the goods and services including the price of products for sale and guarantee the quality of the products.
- A User/Seller shall be required to pay the Administrator a fee for each advertised post.
- The Administrator will publish the paid Advertisement on the Platform for the agreed period ONLY. Renewal of the period will attract the payment of another fee by the User depending on the period of extension requested. The price of goods or services must be exact and remain unchanged for the duration of a specific transaction already entered into by the Seller and the Buyer.
THE USER/SELLER WARRANTIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- That your personal information provided to the Administrator is true and accurate.
- That you will update your personal information as and when necessary to maintain its truthfulness and accuracy.
- That you will use the Platform in strict compliance with all the Administrative Rules and all applicable Federal and State Laws, Regulations, Rules, and Guidelines.
- That you will not use the Platform for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- That you will not post on the Platform any advertisement offering for sale any prohibited items or goods.
- That you have legal ownership and title to the goods offered for sale in your shop.
- That you will not post on the Platform any advertisement that will infringe on another person’s rights or interests.
- That you will not post on the Platform an advertisement that includes false, misleading, or deceptive statements.
SELLER PRODUCT LISTING AND DELIVERY RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1. Purplestone Mall protects the interest of our buyers by insisting all merchants sell only new, quality, and authentic items. On no condition should a merchant display an item on the platform and then send a different item with lesser quality or different specifications for delivery to the buyer.
All photos displayed should match that of the actual product(s) delivered. Customers will be eligible and allowed to make returns and in the case, the error is from the seller's end, the seller will be responsible to bear all costs associated with the return.
2. The seller is obliged to state clearly all the information necessary when providing listings of products on purplestonemall.com. This information should include the product name, price, product description/details, weight, quantity, and properly taken pictures.
3. The seller guarantees that information listed on purplestonemall.com relating to his/her products satisfies all legal requirements, and in particular satisfies information requirements for consumer protection.
4. There is no limit to the number of products you can put up for sale as long as you have them in stock and can have them delivered within the stipulated time frame. If any displayed product(s) is/are goods are not in stock, kindly update your store inventory for such product(s).
5. The seller guarantees that the information provided by him/her does not violate any third party's copyright.
6. The seller will process the order(s) and arrange for delivery at the soonest time from the moment the seller receives a confirmation of sale either through email or text message.
7. All necessary care must be taken when packaging items for delivery. Purplestone Mall will not be held liable for any damages that may occur due to any improper packaging of any product(s).
8. The delivery time indicated on purplestonemall.com to the buyers is binding and so all orders from merchants should be fulfilled within 1 - 3 business days within Lagos and 3 – 5 business days outside Lagos after confirmation of the order.
9. If the seller cannot fulfill any order because the product is out of stock, he/she must cancel or notify Purplestone Mall within 24 Hours of receiving the order at the latest.
10. All sellers are advised to keep all advertised products and services available to the best of their ability. For physical products, we strongly advise having a minimum stock quantity of 3 pieces each for all products.
What is the commission fees on Purplestone Mall?
All sellers agree to pay Purplestone Mall a fixed percentage commission of 10% for every product sold through the Purplestone Mall platform. For products that cost less than N1500, the seller agrees to pay Purplestone Mall a flat commission fee of N200.
Purplestone Mall may start charging additional fees for the sale of goods through the platform at any point. These may include but are not limited to, listing fees, multiple photos fees and enhanced marketing fees. In the event of the introduction of further fees, the seller will be notified prior to their commencement in writing and they will have the option to opt-out.
SELLER INVOICING AND SELLER PAYMENTS
- For all cases where the customer paid directly to Purplestone Mall, Purplestone Mall shall remit to the seller not later than 3 business days after the refund/exchange period has been elapsed by the customer.
- In all cases of either cash or electronic payment on delivery, the seller will be required to make payment to the value of the agreed commission rate to Purplestone Mall not later than 3 business days after the order has been delivered and the exchange/refund grace period for the customer has elapsed.
The User/Seller shall indemnify the Administrator, its Successors, Subsidiaries, Affiliates, Employees, Directors, Agents, and Representatives of each of them harmless from any claim or demand, including: and any VAT liability or other tax liability that we may incur in relation to any sale, supply or purchase made through the Marketplace or register to pay any VAT or other tax properly due in any jurisdiction.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The information you submit to us as part of your registration, and any data, text, pictures and other materials that you may submit or post on the Platform (the “User Content”) remain your intellectual property.
- The Administrator does not claim any ownership of the copyright or other proprietary intellectual property rights in such registration information and the User Content.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- One arbitrator mutually agreed by both parties will be appointed to resolve the dispute.
- For disputes arising in Lagos or Abuja or the seat of Arbitration shall be Lagos or Abuja respectively.
Last Updated: September 1, 2022